Celebrity news weekly sales have been grim for years, but the world’s biggest, People, still packs a punch on newsstand.
Here’s their best and worst sellers of 2014; Robin Williams did 1,169,800, Hillary did half that, at 503,890 copies.
Which their original editor Dick Stolley would have easily predicted when he wrote his famous ‘Stolley’s law’ back in the 70s.
1. Young is better than old.
2. Pretty is better than ugly.
3. Rich is better than poor.
4. Movies are better than television. (now no longer true)
5. Movies and television are better than music.
6. Movies, TV, and music are all better than sports.
7. Anything is better than politics.
8. Nothing is better than the celebrity dead.
(See how all the other US celebrity weeklies fared here at AdWeek)